Friendly Pivot addon(Launch video) mimics the functionality of the Autodesk Maya Pivot Transform tool with minor differences and improvements for the Blender. It’s main task is to quickly and conveniently change the Pivot Orientation, Origin and 3D Cursor positions by pressing one key, eliminating the need to select the desired component of an object and long travel through different menus to select a necessary action.
Just press and hold D button, hover cursor mouse above desire and highlighted component and click LMB, MMB or RMB to change pivot.
Or use Pivot gizmo to move Origin in 3D space or set custom pivot orientation. Both are with incremental system now. In addition Bbox gizmo helps adjust Origin and 3D cursor inside current object’s boundaries.
Now the addon supports bones and curves. Also 3D Cursor in UV Editor.
Change Pivot Transform orientation.
Change Origin and 3D Cursor positions.
Blender 2.80 or higher.
It’s recommended to remove previously installed addon before installation!
Downloaded file, then
Start Blender, then Edit → User Preferences → Add-ons tab,
Press ‘Install’ button and locate and select downloaded friendly_pivot zip file,
Activate the addon, save user settings,
Close preferences and restart Blender.
“Edit Mode On” setting do not guarantee proper work with modifiers when On in Edit Mode.
Current version 0.4.21
Added support of hidden faces in Edit Mode.
Fixed some issues and B3.1 compatibility.
Fixed small issues.
Added option to bake custom orientation to LOCAL.
Added shortcut action for D+S+MMB(Set Orientation & 3d Cursor at the same time).
Added bone’s support for Orientation, 3D Cursor and Origin.
Added curve’s points support for 3D Cursor and Origin.
Added UV Editor support for 3D Cursor.
While pressing and holding D(default invoke addon key):
1. Press LMB – To set just Transform Orientation.
2. Press MMB – Sets only 3D Cursor to highlighted.
3. Press RMB – Sets only Origin to highlighted.
4. Press and hold S, then LMB or RMB – Sets Orientation and Origin.
5. Press and hold C, then RMB – Sets 3D Cursor.
6. Press and hold A – Activate multi selection mode for Origin.
7. Press and hold X or Y or Z – Set Origin to one axis.
8. Press O – Switch On/Off Pivot to Cursor settings.
9. Press P – Switch On/Off SCPO into Active Transform Tools settings.
10. Press B – Activate Bounding Box mode and widget.
11. Press Alt while moving Pivot gizmo – Round current axis value.
12. Press Shift, Ctrl or Shift+Crtl while moving Pivot gizmo – Activate incremental system.
13. Press L – Switch On/Off bake custom orientation to LOCAL.
14. Press and hold S, then MMB – Sets Orientation and 3D Cursor.